Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

My Term 3 Small Moment

Game Day
After a little warm up I felt as ready as ever. My heart was pumped and my whole body was ready for some tackling. I stepped onto the field with my team getting into position like we were going to do a haka. Everybody waited for that annoying high pitch sound of the whistle to blow. As soon as the whistle blew the ball was booted all the way to the goal post. The fullback picked up the ball and ran it up to the opposition. Our fullback was one of the hardest people in our team. He smashed into them like a wrecking ball. Then I dashed into the ruck to grab the ball. I grabbed it and headed straight for the corner. I was almost at the try line but then I started to slow down and before I knew it I was all worn. So I went to ground and got in position for the half back to receive the ball.

It was past the first half and both teams were exhausted. My team didn't care about being exhausted and just kept playing . It was already fifteen minutes into the second half my team just kept driving the opposition back and back. Before we knew it we were close to the opposition's try line and I was hoping to get the ball and make a try. The ball sat there clear for me to grab so I grabbed it and ran straight for the try line. I looked around for any gaps and ran through them. I sprinted as fast as I could right down the sideline trying not to let anyone bump me off into touch. I managed to find myself flying through air reaching my dirty arms out to get that ball onto the line. A few seconds later I heard the whistle blow and called it out a try. Not long after he blew the whistle again to say that it was full time.

My team jumped up cheering and cheering. After that we shook hands with Ponsonby and went to see our coach. My coach said we all played great and we had great defense not letting them get past us. The score was fifty four to zero. I also got two tries in the first and second half of the game. The coach and assistant coach called out the player of the day and it was the second prop. He got rewarded for great running. everyone clapped and got ready to leave. I thought that if I played better next week I could get player of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment