Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

5 Minutes of Camp

Slow Motion

I wondered as I walked to the platform where archery took place. I felt excited and confused at the same time. I have never did this in my life. The instructor lead the way to the the seating area. As soon as he gave his instructions way sped off grabbing a bow each. I was the only left handed bow. I stood up to the plate like a batter would do in baseball. Grabbing the bow with a bit of grip. I lifted it placing the arrow on the little peg sticking out. My heart had been beating really fast, faster than ever. Then I remembered the instructor's instructions about using the four Fs. Feet, checking that it was facing the target. Feather, when placing the arrow making sure the white feather is always facing the sky. Third one fingers, when pulling back on the string you never touch the arrow and only use three fingers, one finger on top of the arrow and two under. Now the last F is face, whenever you’re pulling back to aim at your target you have to pull it all the way to your face on your cheek so that your shot will be accurate and on point.



Now I did all the Fs, I am ready to shoot. I point it straight for bullseye and hope for the best. My opponents or friends standing be side me are shaking with fear just like me but I put that behind me and concentrate on my main objective. Determined, holding my breath I release with strength. At that moment I thought I had just slowed down time and now in slow motion. Watching my arrow fly through mid air hitting right where I wanted it to be. “Yeah!” My friends beside cheer me on as I walk with pride to where my arrow had landed. “Yes!” I yelled. It landed right on the bullseye! After that I felt really proud of myself, considering it was my first time doing archery.


0 comments:

Post a Comment