Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2015

Summer Holiday Learning Journey - Day 5

Today I have looked at a table of phrases and greetings. I have then explained my feelings by writing a poem.

Landing In Chile

I stood there frightened to ask the whereabouts of my destination
Everyone looked so grumpy and silent
As I walked closer I could feel in my guts, the hesitation
What would I say, Not a word I knew
This is the worst situation

No one ever would want to be in my shoes
Then something hit me, a hint or a clue
My face went straight to yellow from blue

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sebastian - This is a very thoughtful reflection of your feelings upon landing in Chile. I read it a few times and was intrigued by your final phrase ("My face face went straight to yellow from blue.") Could you tell me a bit more about what you were feeling at this moment? What does the colour yellow symbolise for you?

All the best, Rachel

Carolyn said...

Hi Sebastian,
Wow, great poem! I have to say, that I think I can relate to how you felt, as I am now living in Germany and I have only just started to learn German. So the "Not a word I knew" is sometimes the case (literally!) for me. What languages do they speak in Chile? What do you think 3 useful words/phrases might be, to have up your sleeve when travelling to Chile?

I am thoroughly enjoying reading your blog posts, looking forward to reading more about your journey to Chile!
Carolyn

Zeba said...

Hey Sebastian

What an amazing poem you have created. In your poem you have shown your feelings very well I sure would be feeling the same if I were in your position!

From Zeba

Post a Comment